Let's face it, we could all use a drink right now. We may not be experts at crafting cocktails, but we do have a few go-to recipes up our puffed and printed sleeves. Grab your shakers and join us for the happiest of happy hours.
Smoky, spicy, and packed with a punch, consider the Mezcal Paloma your favorite margarita's edgier older sister. While we're dreaming of slowly sipping mezcal in Mexico, this Paloma will temporarily the trick. Phoebe is wearing the James Lounge Dress in Thread Embroidery.
- 2 oz mezcal
- 2 oz grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1/2 oz agave
- sparkling water, to top off the drink
- lime wedges, for wiping rim of glass
- sliced jalepeño, to garnish
2 tablespoons flaky sea salt
zest of half a lime
1/8 t chipotle chili powder
Talk about a crowd-pleaser. Next time you have a socially-distanced hang with friends, whip up a batch of these Coconut Mojitos. Easy and refreshing, this creamy cocktail may just transport you tropical vacations of summer's past. Just make sure you prep enough for seconds. Kasha is wearing the Ash Dress in Orange Batik Combo.
- 1 lime, quartered
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- 1-2 teaspoons granulated sugar (optional)
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) white rum
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) coconut rum
- 1/4 cup canned full fat coconut milk, well stirred
- ginger beer for topping
- zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- flaky sea salt
1. To make the lime sugar. Combine the lime zest, sugar, and a pinch of salt on a shallow plate. Rim your glasses in sugar, then fill with ice.
2. In a cocktail shaker or glass jar, muddle the lime, mint, and sugar (if using) together, squashing everything to release the juices. Add the white rum and coconut rum. Fill with ice and shake until combined. Add the coconut milk and shake.
Dirty Gin Martini
Deliciously salty and most certainly shaken, the Dirty Gin Martini is a classic cocktail recipe to have in your back pocket. It even comes with a snack! Our version calls for 1/2 ounce of olive brine, but feel free to add more and go as dirty as you like. Close your eyes and imagine you're in your favorite local martini spot. Mackenzie is wearing the Jemima Dress in Thread Embroidery.
- 2 1/2 ounces gin
- 1/2 ounce dry vermouth
- 1/2 ounce olive brine
- Garnish: 2 to 4 blue cheese olives
1. Add all the ingredients into a mixing glass with ice and stir.
2. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
3. Garnish with 2 to 4 olives, skewered.